Here I am, standing on the edges again. On the outside... in agony.
Note to all those how can read the white font: I'm really ok. This is just where I write about the part of my life that kind of sucks. :) truly- I'm just peachy.
I watched the excitement build, the nervousness creep in to their stomachs, the anxiety appear. I saw them get on the line- jump up and down to keep warm- wish one another a final 'Good Luck!' I stood by as they held still at the ready; and I almost fell apart inside as the gun sounded and they all, as one body, stepped over the line and raced across the field. The starting gunshot pierced my being and I fell.
But I didn't show the heartbreak. Not even to myself did I, then, let known my anguish. I was there to support my girls and I did. I screamed and I shouted and I cheered and did all that I could for them
while on the edges again, while on the outside... in agony, I did this.

3 Comments:
I'm sorry hun, I know the pain. I wish I could say something to make you feel better, but I know unti you get the OK to run the pain will remain. Just keep your head up b/c for all you know you could be back in no time, plus its the spring season that you care about most...and I know you well enough to know that no matter what you will be back and better than ever for that.
running is for sissies! heh
Thanks Ker: for your devotion and committment to the team. You are one of the girls that will hopefully inspire the incoming freshmen next year. You'll to have to step up, but you will. :) I see it in you.
:D I'm so glad you came out for the team this year and I LOVE driving you home everyday. :D
Post a Comment
<< Home