The Christmas season has begun. Trim the tree and deck the halls. I love it all. Silver bells, carolers in the snow, little puppies with red bows around their necks. *sigh* White lights and rosy cheeks. Hohoho it's Christmas.
Last night she decorated the fireplace and it looks gorgeous. She is just crafty like that and I would trust her in every sense of fashion and style possible. She simply knows what looks good. Ok, back to the fireplace.
I came in and the green garland was already hung, framing the fireplace. She was half-way done with wrapping white lights around it. That's awesome, I told her. She glanced back at me, flashing that half-smile of hers, and said, I know. After the lights were done, she began placing the picks from Michael's. Picks are little bundles of fake pine, fruit or berries,and often some glitter- I concluded, while working last Saturday, that glitter inherently comes with Christmastime. She organized the picks she had chosen on the garland with that masterful hand of hers and when it was all done she stepped back. Grinning, she looked at me, walked over to the end of the light's chord, and plugged it in. Nice, but still not perfect; and for her, things have to be perfect.
Quickly she circled the room and clicked off all the lights. Ahhhhh. Now it was perfect. Distand shadows appeared on the walls behind us and the glowing garland illuminated our faces. Everyone was smiling.
A snapshot of Christmas.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home