Saturday, October 28, 2006

Most people race to see who is the fastest,
We race to see who has the most guts.

It didn't rain- it downpoured.
It wasn't windy- gusts were up around to 40 mph.
There weren't puddles- try small ponds around 6-8 in deep.
Shoes didn't get wet- they were so saturated that, when held upright, water dripped from them.
We didn't get dirty- we had mud caked to us from the arches of our feet up across our butts.

We didn't just race- oh no... we tore up the course and had one of our best meets yet.
UMD XC- I knew I'd be glad I stayed.

1 Comments:

Blogger j said...

lucky.

our xc championship race @ van cortlandt was canceled on saturday because it was "wet." hi, okay, but isn't that why we run? to get wet? to get dirty? to be nasty (nasty FAST)?

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home