Saturday, October 06, 2007

France just won the rugby quarter finals against Australia and Aix has been celebrating ever since the game ended just about an hour ago. The sounds of car horns followed by cheers from the nearby pedestrians or the drivers themselves are echoing through every narrow street and ricocheting particularly through my window.

I feel like I'm in a 3rd floor apartment in Boston the night the Sox beat the Yankees to the World Series in 2004. Celebrations resounding from every corner of the city. This party will probably last all night.

Now we're off to face England in the semifinals. Who will I root for? France, where I now live and feel a strange alliance for because I'm surrounded by the culture every second of every day, or England, the land of my country's ancestors but they weren't really my ancestors since mine are from Finland and Canada???? I feel so torn!

yeah... wish I even understood how the game works. I don't even know how many points a goal is.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Root for CANADA of course!!!

That beautiful country of my birht.

Viva la Canada.

Votre Canadian/American Grandmere

10:47 PM  
Blogger mypage said...

I can tell you how rugby works... weird game but I did play once :-D

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home