The boy walked into the room while I was sitting at the counter eating some strawberries. Eating- weird, I never do that ;) The boy came over to say hello and I said hello in return. We have established a mutual respect and admiration for one another. Following a few minutes of small talk, he began walking to the other side of the house. Just then, one of the other boys in the house caught my eye. I had forgotten that he was even in the room. He is quite quiet most of the time. Nevertheless, he is always reassuringly there and when I need him; just like brothers should be.
As the boy began walking towards my sister's room- it was her that the boy had come to see- he got up and quickly looked at me. Without words, the look in his eyes said, "Well if you're not going to follow him, then I will." A typical brotherly thing to do. And so the two, he and the boy, went into the dining room and then on to my sister's room. He always has to know everything that is going on- but, I guess that is his responsibility.
I just sat there for a few moments thinking about what had just happened, not exactly sure what to think. My sisters and I have a brother like none other, and we probably couldn't ask for a better one. He doest often talk back when you need advice but I am sure he understands. His name is Cooper and he fits the role well enough. Dogs are a man's best friend and for us girls, he acts like the brother we never had.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home