Wow, you really love running don’t you?
He said it with such surprise and amazement. I was taken back by the reaction... I don’t know why. Since the truth is- I do. I hate the periods when I cannot run due to injury or the like. I love those spring afternoons when the snow is melting and the air begins to grow warmer. Running in shorts and a tee-shirt beats spandex and a long-sleeve any day. (although I do love my Spandex)
When I walk outside on a beautiful fall day, low 50s perhaps, my first thought is: What great running weather! It’s a part of me. Going for a run gives me life, even though I may feel dead at the end. As I need to sleep and eat and drink, I need to run.
On my jog this morning, I broke away from Ring Road, my current course for the morning routine, and explored the area down the road. To my absolute delight…
.
I found a HILL!!!!
I found a HILL!!!!
.
It was so exciting when I came around a corner and lo and behold, there was a hill in front of me. Nothing extreme, just a nice, not very steep hill. I hadn’t even realized how much I didn’t like running on flat surfaces all the time until I virtually jumped for joy at the sight! I was tired and thought about turning around and heading back to campus moments before I saw road sloping up in front of me. Without a second thought, I shot straight to the top of the hill and even surprised myself at the way I kicked up the pace. Having been taught to race up a hill for the past four years, my body didn’t know any other way to take it. It felt wonderful to work.
It was so exciting when I came around a corner and lo and behold, there was a hill in front of me. Nothing extreme, just a nice, not very steep hill. I hadn’t even realized how much I didn’t like running on flat surfaces all the time until I virtually jumped for joy at the sight! I was tired and thought about turning around and heading back to campus moments before I saw road sloping up in front of me. Without a second thought, I shot straight to the top of the hill and even surprised myself at the way I kicked up the pace. Having been taught to race up a hill for the past four years, my body didn’t know any other way to take it. It felt wonderful to work.
.
Needless to say, I’ll be taking a different route on my morning run from now on.
oh, I’m so excited.
I always loved working up a hill on a foreign XC course.
and I miss it all so much.
oh, I’m so excited.
I always loved working up a hill on a foreign XC course.
and I miss it all so much.

5 Comments:
I love my crazygirl.
thats exactly what she is...crazy- but kno one else is like her
ill give you that much
: D
You are your mother's daughter.
Hills... Blech!
Love you,
Dad
hahahhahhaa
dad just said belch HA
no... dad said "blech."
...you, chris, just burped.
hahahahahahahahah
Post a Comment
<< Home