Monday, July 05, 2004

Fireworks and cherries and ice cream trucks.
The memories of long ago.
Even though it really wasn't that long ago.
But it still seems to be a long time gone.
But so do the years in Columbia and they were only three years ago.
Weird.
the past
the future
it's all the same sometimes.
And in the summer, time blurs together
and it doesn't matter if it's Saturday or Thursday or Monday
the only difference is if your Dad is home for the day or not.
And that doesn't even separate the days this summer.

time blurs together
and for a little bit I forget the responsibility, and the work, and the decisions that loom in the distance.
Maybe loom isn't the right word but it definitely isn't a happy feeling.

but for now, sunshine fills my days and I accept it as that.
Let the future come when it wants.
I will survive. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home