Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The tedious routine of finding keys, climbing three flights of stairs and noisily unlocking an apartment door did not end typically tonight. Instead of being greeted with dishes by the sink and the bruit of a roommate, most likely with her boyfriend, I pushed open the door into a dark and perfectly peaceful apartment. I didn't even turn on the light. I didn't want to. The moonlight that was falling through the cold, black evening provided a comfortable glow in the room. I instead clicked play on one of the four versions of Let It Snow on my iTunes and opened the window. The winter night flooded into the room and with it, Christmas feelings.

Life is what you make of it, right? I hear so many people saying how it doesn't feel like Christmas this year because we are here but I believe they simply aren't letting themselves feel it. Because I've been whole-heartily open to the idea and it has found me quite easily, and not just once.

Don't they know? The hope, love, joy, peace and warmth of Christmas don't have to be translated.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nettie said...

If you're feeling it in Aix, just wait til you come home... you will be enveloped in the beauty and love that is Christmas. See you very, very soon :):):)

10:30 PM  
Blogger Lippy said...

SO SOON... LIKE ONE DAY SOON!!!! (because you don't count today and you don't count saturday... that's what momma always tells me.) ;)

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home