Thursday, January 06, 2005

Trying to get it back. Finding that which I have certainly lost sight of in the last three years.
I was having a blast, and still am... but I forgot what has brought me here. Forgot that little bit of important character.


I suppose I'll look for it today

this wintry day is as good as any to find how I used to be.

I suppose it was coming eventually.

It all has depreciated gradually over the high school years: it was a balancing act that has gone awry.

Work ethic on the right of the balance and activity on the left:

|---------------------The devotion to schoolwork and homework,
|-------------|--------|----------------------slowly moved up and up
\/-----------------------\---and less and less time was committed.
Sports, Theater, Math Team, Student Council,---------------------- /\
and a life increased, weighed down the balance, --------------------|
more time was put there.-------------------------------------------------|

I assume that sleep figures into this math problem as the difference in the balance. Enough sleep occurs at the perfect balance and the further the scale is upset, the less time I spend sleeping.


Summer- oh how I do yearn for thee.
then, only then, will I be at peace.

well, summer and Italy.

1 Comments:

Blogger mypage said...

BUt that what its all about Lauren. Thats the stories of our lives. Grades are important, no doubt there, but at some point they have to end, because at some point you realize that you have to live life, you have to find things you enjoy and take the time to enjoy them, even if it means no sleep, which for us many nights it does. So sometimes your scale may seem out of balance, and sometimes you may feel a little sleep deprived, but you've done a great balancing act.... one worthy of the circus, congrats :-) hehe

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home