Running.
The gross evening humidity.
The feeling of your feet, minutes into the run, already radiating heat.
The aches in your shoulders.
The piercing rays of the setting sun into your sweat-stung eyes.
The side cramps.
The painful inhale for oxygen on the final stretch.
The wretched hills.
The hopeless thoughts that it doesn't get any easier.
The tight muscles.
The way every article of clothing becomes uncomfortable, sticky and clingy.
The fatigue.
The creepy male middle-aged drivers who feel the need to beep at your feeble demonstration of physical activity.
Running.
I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT!
because you know what?? I'M BACK! and man, am I pumped.

4 Comments:
hahaha only you, my sunshine girl... only you.
You just gave a litany of the reasons I don't run and why I never plan on starting. But I do admire people who run despite it, keep it up darling, especially if it makes you happy.
I bought a carpet sweeper the other night, so don't worry about vacuum cleaner or any other such thing. I'll be out shopping for like the rest of my life I'm soooo behind. Give me a call sometime :)
*Sarah
you're funny. cause i hate running.
but i know it makes you happy and i know how much you love it so run girl run. :)
well when i was running those werent the thoughts i was thinking i was thinking that was a mighty high fence did they see me will i have border patrol following me did i lose them ohh shit they are right behind me and the final thought was i made it to america
ur friendly Spaniard
Post a Comment
<< Home